Expect a fast-paced game when the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (4-9) visit Tennessee State to take on the Tigers (3-9). Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Tennessee State Tigers Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Tigers fell to the Lipscomb Bisons, 86-79, while the Golden Eagles were defeated by the Memphis Tigers, 76-61.
Tennessee Tech had a much better free throw rate (0.365 vs. 0.108) while Tennessee State had a better turnover percentage (15.6 vs. 20.3). Tennessee State rallied around Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey, who finished with 26 points and six rebounds. Micaiah Henry, meanwhile had a good outing for Tennessee Tech, finishing with 23 points and 13 rebounds.
The Golden Eagles dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both contests. In the last game, Tennessee Tech won 69-64. Tennessee Tech had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.576 vs. 0.420). Tennessee State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.5 vs. 11.1). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
There should be plenty of transition action in this matchup that features two of the nation’s more fast-breaking teams. Tennessee State ranks 15th in possessions per game (76.5) and Tennessee Tech is 31st (75.2).
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles at Tennessee State Tigers Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Tennessee State, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Over
- Tennessee State ranks 40th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Tennessee Tech ranks 220th (25.4).
- The Golden Eagles average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 33rd in the nation. The Tigers rank 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Tennessee State ranks 149th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9) while Tennessee Tech ranks 231st (39.3).
- The Tigers rank 48th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 226th (19.2).
- Tennessee State averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 32nd in the nation. Tennessee Tech ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (9.0).
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 60.0 points per game (12.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 92.4 points per game (11.1 above their season average).
- The Tigers have outscored opponents by an average of 12.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Tennessee State has lost by an average of 5.0 points.