The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (11-5, 1-0 Summit) will be at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum to meet the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (10-7, 2-0 Summit) in a Summit matchup. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons ATS Odds
In their last game, the Mastodons lost big to the 21st-ranked UCLA Bruins, 96-71, while the Jackrabbits beat the Grand Canyon Antelopes, 79-74.
South Dakota State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543. For those same stats, Grand Canyon put up marks of 27.7 and 0.407, respectively. Purdue Fort Wayne, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.141 vs. 0.108). Purdue Fort Wayne was lifted by John Konchar, who had 25 points, eight rebounds and six assists. Mike Daum, meanwhile led the way for South Dakota State, recording 20 points and 13 rebounds.
The Jackrabbits dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last contest, South Dakota State won 97-90. South Dakota State had a better turnover percentage (4.9 vs. 6.3). Purdue Fort Wayne, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (17-20; 85.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Jackrabbits’ Daum has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Konchar has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Mastodons.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, this appears to be a balanced game. The upper-echelon Purdue Fort Wayne offense ranks 14th in the country in that metric at 0.581, while the elite South Dakota State defense is ranked 60th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.466). Furthermore, the Jackrabbits rank 45th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.286), while the Mastodons rank 48th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.191).
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, O/U – Over
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (27.8) while South Dakota State ranks 264th in three pointers allowed per game (30.7).
- The Jackrabbits rank 39th in rebounds per game (39.6) while the Mastodons rank 155th (36.1).
- South Dakota State ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 145th (13.3).
- The Mastodons rank 42nd in blocks per game (4.7) while the Jackrabbits rank 168th (2.0).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 48th in steals per game (7.9) while South Dakota State ranks 167th (5.3).
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average).
- The Mastodons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 6.2 for the season.