The Siena Saints (5-8) will be at the Yanitelli Center to square off with the Saint Peter’s Peacocks (3-9) in a MAAC matchup. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Siena Saints at Saint Peter’s Peacocks Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Peacocks beat the Lafayette Leopards, 93-86, while the Saints fell to the Providence Friars, 77-67.
Saint Peter’s played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.0 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7. For those same stats, Lafayette put up marks of 16.8 and 27.5, respectively. Siena, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.176 vs. 0.113). Davauhnte Turner had a good game for Saint Peter’s, contributing 25 points, eight assists and six rebounds. Siena was led by Evan Fisher, who recorded 11 points and six rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent contest, the Peacocks won 65-48. Saint Peter’s had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.622 vs. 0.375). Siena, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.2 vs. 17.4). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Getting to the line might be few and far between for Saint Peter’s in this showdown. The Peacocks currently rank 181st in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.234, while Siena ranks 23rd in FTA rate allowed (0.167).
Siena vs. Saint Peter’s Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Siena, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Over
- Siena ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Saint Peter’s ranks 225th (19.3).
- The Saints rank 31st in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while the Peacocks rank 145th (35.8).
- Siena averages 12.9 assists per game, which ranks 152nd in the country. Saint Peter’s ranks 164th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Saints rank eighth in steals allowed per game (4.5) while the Peacocks rank 151st (7.3).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 20th in blocks per game (5.1) while Siena ranks 149th (2.5).
- During their last five games, the Saints have scored an average of 62.2 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (4.6 below their season average).
- The Peacocks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 9.8 for the season.