The George Mason Patriots (6-7) will be at Michael J. Hagan ’85 Arena to go head-to-head with the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (7-5) in an A10 matchup. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
George Mason Patriots at Saint Joseph’s Hawks ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Hawks beat the Old Dominion Monarchs, 79-64, while the Patriots lost a tough one against the Penn Quakers, 72-71.
Saint Joseph’s played a nearly flawless contest. They had a free throw rate of 0.315 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574. Old Dominion recorded marks of 0.113 and 0.460, respectively, for those same stats. George Mason, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (13-16; 81.3 percent). Saint Joseph’s received a boost from Pierfrancesco Oliva, who recorded 17 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, Justin Kier played a pivotal role for George Mason with 12 points and eight rebounds.
The Patriots edged out the Hawks in this series last year, securing victories in two out of three games. In the most recent contest, Saint Joseph’s won 68-49. Saint Joseph’s made nine of their 20 three pointers (45.0 percent), while George Mason was just 2-25 (8.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Charlie Brown has been playing at a high level recently for Saint Joseph’s, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
George Mason might struggle to create turnovers. Saint Joseph’s ranks first in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.8 percent), while George Mason forces the 200th-most turnovers (19.2 percent). Moreover, the Patriots, who rank 287th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 percent), might struggle to get second chance points against the Hawks, who rank 11th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.6 percent).
George Mason Patriots at Saint Joseph’s Hawks ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Joseph’s, ATS Winner – Saint Joseph’s, O/U – Under
- George Mason ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 256th (27.3).
- The Hawks rank 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Patriots rank 72nd (3.2).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 193rd in rebounds per game (34.5) while George Mason ranks 225th (33.1).
- The Patriots rank 19th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while the Hawks rank 164th (14.3).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 33rd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while George Mason ranks 107th (6.5).
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average).
- The Patriots’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 1.3 for the season.