The Ohio Bobcats (1-0) and the Clemson Tigers (2-0) face off in the Charleston Classic at TD Arena. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Clemson Tigers vs. Ohio Bobcats Betting Preview
In the Tigers last game, they won big over the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 87-63. Donte Grantham was Clemsons leading scorer with 17 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Clemson played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 and a free throw rate of 0.254. For those same stats, North Carolina A&T recorded marks of 8.3 and 0.140, respectively.
The Bobcats will look to maintain momentum after topping the Alabama A&M Bulldogs in their last outing, 61-53. Ohio received a boost from Gavin Block, who contributed 12 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Ohio played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.5 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.408. For those same stats, Alabama A&M was 26.8 and 0.371, respectively.
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Bobcats will look to push the more grind-it-out Tigers. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bobcats rank 83rd in possessions per game while the Tigers are 269th. Also, the 56th-ranked offense of the Tigers (offensive efficiency of 111.6) will battle against the 38th-ranked defense of the Bobcats (defensive efficiency of 97.0).
Clemson Tigers vs. Ohio Bobcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ohio, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bobcats rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Tigers rank 126th (3.3).
- Clemson ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Ohio ranks 103rd (5.8).
- Ohio ranks 98th in rebounds per game (37.0) while Clemson ranks 230th (34.5).
- The Bobcats average 23.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 64th in the nation. The Tigers rank 183rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.6).
- Ohio ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Clemson ranks 111th (12.6).