The Youngstown State Penguins (15-11, 8-5 Hor) will be at the Athletics Center Orena to challenge the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (9-17, 4-9 Hor) in a Hor matchup. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Youngstown State Penguins vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Golden Grizzlies defeated the Cleveland State Vikings 79-74, while the Penguins beat the Detroit Titans 76-72.
The Penguins knocked down 11 of their 15 free throws (73.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.591 (above their season average of 0.477). Meanwhile, Oakland played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.259 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 16.3 (better than their season average of 18.2). Cleveland State recorded marks of 0.179 and 19.3, respectively, for those same stats. Xavier Hill-Mais played well for Oakland with 22 points and eight rebounds. Youngstown State was led by Naz Bohannon, who recorded 13 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Michael Akuchie led the Penguins to a 61-60 victory. He notched a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds. One of Youngstown State’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 8-10 (80.0 percent), while the Golden Grizzlies were just 3-6 (50.0 percent).
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Youngstown State in this contest. The Penguins currently rank 16th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.5 percent), while Oakland ranks 294th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.4 percent).
Youngstown State Penguins vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Under
- Youngstown State ranks 76th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while Oakland ranks 288th (27.0).
- The Penguins rank 132nd in assists allowed per game (12.7) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 229th (15.2).
- The Penguins rank 27th in rebounds per game (39.5) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 175th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Youngstown State ranks 38th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Oakland ranks 161st (7.0).
- The Golden Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Penguins have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (9.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (6.1 above their season average).