The Youngstown State Penguins (5-11, 3-0 Hor) travel to Oakland to play the Golden Grizzlies (9-8, 1-3 Hor) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 168.5 points with Oakland opening as a 16-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Youngstown State Penguins vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies ATS Preview
The Penguins were victorious over the Green Bay Phoenix in their last contest, 85-74. With 19 points and five assists, Youngstown State’s Cameron Morse had a good performance. Youngstown State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 34.1) and a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 17.6). Green Bay was 26.7 and 21.8, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Golden Grizzlies last game, they were beaten by the Wright State Raiders, 86-81. Kendrick Nunn was the games leading scorer with 32 points on 12-for-31 shooting. Wright State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.533 (above their season average of 0.481). Oakland, on the other hand, forced the Raiders into a turnover percentage of 21.6 (above their season average of 17.6).
There could be plenty of transition action in this meeting that features a pair of the nations more fast-breaking teams. Oakland ranks 22nd in possessions per game (75.2) and Youngstown State is 18th (75.4).
Of Youngstown State’s 13 games that accepted bets, seven have finished over the projected point total, while 8 of Oakland’s 14 games have finished over the O/U total. The Golden Grizzlies have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (9-8 vs. 5-11), but the Penguins have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (5-8 vs. 5-9).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Golden Grizzlies won two out of three games last season. In the most recent game, Youngstown State won 81-80. Youngstown State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 vs. 28.6). Oakland, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (19-24; 79.2 percent).
Youngstown State Penguins vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Over
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 27th in blocks per game (5.3) while the Penguins rank 120th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Oakland is 17th in the nation with 17.6 three pointers allowed per game while Youngstown State is 53rd with 19.9 three pointers allowed per game.
- On the road, Youngstown State is 3-8 ATS with 6 overs and 5 unders.
- At home, Oakland is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- Oakland ranks 16th in assists per game (17.8) while Youngstown State ranks 211th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- The Penguins rank 13th in steals per game (9.1) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 164th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Youngstown State ranks 106th in rebounds per game (36.9) while Oakland ranks 207th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- Oakland is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Youngstown State is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Golden Grizzlies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Penguins have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (5.1 below their season average).