The Youngstown State Penguins (14-11, 7-5 Hor) will be at Calihan Hall to clash against the Detroit Titans (6-19, 4-8 Hor) in a Hor matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Youngstown State Penguins at Detroit Titans ATS Odds
In their last game, the Titans were blown out by the Northern Kentucky Norse, 84-65, while the Penguins beat the Cleveland State Vikings, 67-55.
Youngstown State played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 (above their season average of 35.6) and a free throw rate of 0.214 (above their season average of 0.208). Cleveland State was 15.6 and 0.184, respectively, for those same stats. Detroit, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.362 (above their season average of 0.242). Detroit’s Dwayne Rose Jr. had a good game, recording 21 points and five rebounds. Jelani Simmons, meanwhile played a key role for Youngstown State with 23 points.
In their first matchup this year, Quisenberry led the Penguins to a 69-67 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 16 points. One of Youngstown State’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They made 25 trips to the line, while Detroit went 18 times.
Youngstown State could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Youngstown State ranks 59th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.2 percent), while Detroit forces the 56th-fewest turnovers (17.5 percent).
Youngstown State at Detroit Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Detroit, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Under
- Youngstown State ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (39.8) while Detroit ranks 234th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- The Penguins rank 45th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Titans rank 132nd (6.6).
- The Penguins rank 73rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while the Titans rank 248th (24.4).
- Youngstown State ranks 149th in assists allowed per game (12.8) while Detroit ranks 264th (17.2).
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average).
- The Penguins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 1.8 for the season.