A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Princeton Tigers (10-9, 5-1 Ivy) when they square off with the Yale Bulldogs (17-5, 5-1 Ivy) at L. Stockwell Jadwin Gymnasium. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNews.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Princeton Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Tigers were victorious over the Columbia Lions 81-74, while the Bulldogs won big over the Dartmouth Big Green 75-57.
Yale dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below their season average of 25.8) and a free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.242). For those same stats, Dartmouth was 6.3 and 0.157, respectively. Meanwhile, Princeton’s 0.321 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Columbia, who had a rate of 0.148. The Tigers’ mark was above their season average of 0.202, while the Lions’ was below the 0.217 mark opponents have averaged against Princeton this season. Jaelin Llewellyn played a key role for Princeton with 19 points and six rebounds. Yale received a boost from Paul Atkinson, who finished with 17 points and eight rebounds.
The Bulldogs dominated this series last year, winning all three contests. In the last game, Yale won 83-77. The Bulldogs’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Tigers. Yale had a rate of 10.5, while Princeton posted a mark of 12.4. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This matchup pits one of the country’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesPrinceton currently ranks 28th in effective field goal percentage (0.541), while Yale is 13th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.438). Furthermore, the Bulldogs, who rank 263rd in offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 percent), could struggle to get second chance points against the Tigers, who rank 49th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent).
Yale Bulldogs at Princeton Tigers Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Princeton, ATS Winner – Princeton, O/U – Over
- Princeton ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while Yale ranks 233rd (23.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 37th in rebounds per game (39.0) while the Tigers rank 258th (32.6).
- Yale ranks ninth in assists per game (16.8) while Princeton ranks 134th (13.3).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 55.8 points per game (12.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 52.0 points per game (15.2 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.8, up from 13.5 for the season.