The Yale Bulldogs (18-5, 6-1 Ivy) will be at Palestra to take on the Penn Quakers (12-8, 4-3 Ivy) in an Ivy matchup. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Penn Quakers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Quakers fell to the Brown Bears, 75-63, while the Bulldogs won big over the Princeton Tigers, 88-64.
The Bulldogs had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (above their season average of 25.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.649 (above their season average of 0.554). Penn, meanwhile, did a great job of getting and making free throws (21-28; 75.0 percent). AJ Brodeur had a solid game for Penn with 19 points and 15 rebounds. Yale received a boost from Azar Swain, who put up 23 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Quakers won 77-66. Converting at the free throw line was one of Penn’s largest strengths. They were 12-12 (100.0 percent), while the Bulldogs were just 4-5 (80.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Second-chance points could be rare for Penn in this contest. The Quakers are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 304th in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.0 percent. Meanwhile, Yale ranks ninth in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 78.2 percent.
Yale Bulldogs at Penn Quakers Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Yale, ATS Winner – Penn, O/U – Over
- Yale averages 38.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 40th in the nation. Penn ranks 251st in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Quakers rank 39th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Bulldogs rank 88th (11.8).
- The Quakers average 26.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 35th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 215th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- Yale ranks 133rd in steals per game (6.1) while Penn ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.4, up from 14.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Quakers have scored an average of 54.4 points per game (16.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 52.2 points per game (16.2 below their season average).