The Creighton Bluejays and Yale Bulldogs will square off at CenturyLink Center Omaha to start their seasons. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 152 points with Creighton set as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Yale Bulldogs at Creighton Bluejays Odds Preview
Creighton was a six seed in the tournament last season and lost in the First Round to the Rhode Island Rams. The Bluejays went 25-9 in the regular season. Yale, meanwhile, was unable reach the tournament following an 18-11 regular season.
It will be a showdown of opposite tempos as the up-and-down Bluejays will look to push the more grind-it-out Bulldogs. In the 2016-17 season, the Bluejays ranked 43rd in possessions per game while the Bulldogs were 255th.
The Bulldogs were 18-11 straight up (SU) last season, but were just 10-11 against the spread (ATS). Games featuring Yale tend to go over the projected point total (61.9 percent.
The Bluejays, on the other hand, owned records of 25-9 SU and 19-14 ATS last season. Unlike Yale, games featuring Creighton had a slight tendency to finish under the O/U total (54.5 percent.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Creighton Bluejays Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – Creighton, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bluejays rank 159th in steals per game (6.1) while the Bulldogs rank 185th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Yale ranks 55th in blocks per game (4.4) while Creighton ranks 66th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Creighton ranks 10th in assists per game (17.1) while Yale ranks 159th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- The Bluejays rank 127th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while the Bulldogs rank 249th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Yale ranks 125th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Creighton ranks 201st in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).