The Yale Bulldogs (2-3) will travel to David L. Whitney Gymnasium to clash against the Alcorn State Braves (0-5) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 1:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Yale Bulldogs at Alcorn State Braves Betting Preview
The Bulldogs dismantled the Curry Colonels in their last contest, 107-42. With 13 points and nine rebounds, Yales Paul Atkinson had a solid performance. Yale dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.139 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 19.2). For those same stats, Curry was 0.017 and 26.3, respectively.
In the Braves last game, they were dismantled by the Central Arkansas Bears, 102-76. A.J. Mosby led Alcorn State in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-9 shooting. Central Arkansas had an effective field goal percentage of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.550). Alcorn State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.356 (above their season average of 0.160).
Getting to the line might be scarce for Alcorn State in this meeting. The Braves rank 301st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.212, while Yale ranks 17th in FTA rate allowed (0.186) dating back to last season.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Alcorn State Braves Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alcorn State, ATS Winner – Alcorn State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Braves rank 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Bulldogs rank 148th (3.4).
- Alcorn State averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 122nd in the NCAA. Yale ranks 204th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Yale ranks 35th in assists per game (16.0) while Alcorn State ranks 226th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 71st in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while the Braves rank 258th (37.6).
- Alcorn State ranks 68th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Yale ranks 228th (22.4).