The Xavier Musketeers (18-10, 7-8 Big East) will be at Capital One Arena to take on the Georgetown Hoyas (15-13, 5-10 Big East) in a Big East matchup. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Xavier Musketeers at Georgetown Hoyas ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Hoyas got blown out by the Marquette Golden Eagles, 93-72, while the Musketeers defeated the DePaul Blue Demons, 78-67.
Xavier dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.179 (below their season average of 0.203) and a turnover percentage of 18.3 (worse than their season average of 16.7). DePaul was 0.049 and 25.7, respectively, for those same stats. Georgetown, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 16.4). Georgetown was lifted by Jagan Mosely, who recorded 19 points and six rebounds. Naji Marshall, meanwhile led the way for Xavier, recording 23 points, six rebounds and six assists.
In their first matchup this season, Tyrique Jones led the Musketeers to a 66-57 victory. He recorded a double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds. Xavier out-rebounded Georgetown. The Musketeers had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. 7), defensive rebounds (32 vs. 31) and total rebounds (48 vs. 38).
Xavier should have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Musketeers currently rank 29th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.455), while Georgetown is 222nd in effective field goal percentage (0.491).
Xavier Musketeers at Georgetown Hoyas Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Under
- Xavier ranks 49th in assists per game (14.7) while Georgetown ranks 260th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Hoyas rank 53rd in blocks per game (4.1) while the Musketeers rank 133rd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Xavier ranks 169th in steals per game (5.9) while Georgetown ranks 208th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Hoyas average 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA. The Musketeers rank 169th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- Xavier ranks 161st in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while Georgetown ranks 274th (25.3).
- During their last five games, the Musketeers have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (1.2 below their season average).
- The Hoyas have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Georgetown has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.