The Fresno State Bulldogs (10-18, 6-11 MWC) welcome the Wyoming Cowboys (7-22, 2-15 MWC) to Save Mart Center as the regular season comes to an end. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Wyoming Cowboys vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Bulldogs lost a tough one against the Nevada Wolf Pack, 78-76, while the Cowboys were beaten by the Nevada Wolf Pack, 73-68.
Wyoming did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (13-15; 86.7 percent) while Fresno State had a free throw rate of 0.214 (above their season average of 0.212). Niven Hart had a good game for Fresno State, recording 18 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Wyoming was led by Jake Hendricks, who put up 27 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Orlando Robinson led the Bulldogs to a 65-50 win. He scored a game-high 19 points. One of Fresno State’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Wyoming had just three.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams square off. Fresno State currently ranks 307th in possessions per game (66.4) and Wyoming is 277th (67.2).
Wyoming at Fresno State Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Fresno State, ATS Winner – Fresno State, O/U – Over
- Fresno State ranks 81st in rebounds per game (37.3) while Wyoming ranks 287th (29.2).
- The Cowboys allow the 16th-fewest blocks per game (2.4) while the Bulldogs rank 19th (2.4).
- The Bulldogs average 27.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 16th in the country. The Cowboys rank 218th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- Fresno State ranks 176th in assists per game (12.4) while Wyoming ranks 248th (10.8).
- The Cowboys’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average).