The Wyoming Cowboys (17-11, 8-7 MWC) will travel to Save Mart Center to clash against the Fresno State Bulldogs (20-8, 10-5 MWC) in their home finale. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Wyoming Cowboys vs. Fresno State Bulldogs ATS Preview
In the Cowboys last game, they lost to the New Mexico Lobos, 119-114. With 31 points on 11-for-15 shooting, Louis Adams was the top scorer from either team. New Mexico held the Cowboys to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.1 (below their season average of 19.6). Wyoming, on the other hand, forced the Lobos into a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above their season average of 14.7).
The Bulldogs will look to keep it rolling after topping the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels in their last game, 77-64. Fresno State rallied around Deshon Taylor, who was the games high scorer with 22 points on 5-for-10 shooting. The Bulldogs held the Runnin’ Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.316 (below their season average of 0.551) and had a turnover percentage of 12.4 (better than their season average of 15.0).
The prolific offense of Fresno State (26th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 115.2) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Wyoming (158th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 102.7). The Bulldogs figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. This game should be a showdown of contrasting paces. The fast-paced Cowboys rank third in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bulldogs rank 251st.
Jaron Hopkins has been impressive over the last five games for Fresno State, averaging 15.0 points, 5.8 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulldogs won 80-62. The Bulldogs dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.588. For those same stats, the Cowboys were 11.4 and 0.453, respectively. Nate Grimes recorded a double-double with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
Wyoming Cowboys at Fresno State Bulldogs Betting Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Fresno State, ATS Winner – Fresno State, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs average 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 139th in the NCAA. The Cowboys rank 179th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Wyoming ranks 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Fresno State ranks 68th (3.0).
- Fresno State ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while Wyoming ranks 286th (39.7).
- The Cowboys rank 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while the Bulldogs rank 286th (17.2).
- Fresno State ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Wyoming ranks 126th (6.4).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.0, up from 10.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 86.6 points per game (6.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 86.2 points per game (6.4 above their season average).