The Wright State Raiders (23-5, 13-2 Hor) will be at the Beeghly Physical Education Center to meet the Youngstown State Penguins (15-12, 8-6 Hor) in a Hor matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Wright State Raiders at Youngstown State Penguins Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Penguins fell to the Oakland Golden Grizzlies, 72-64, while the Raiders had no trouble getting past the IUPUI Jaguars, 106-66.
Wright State played a perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.306 (above their season average of 0.242) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.702 (above their season average of 0.520). IUPUI had marks of 0.099 and 0.415, respectively, for those same stats. Youngstown State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.7 (above their season average of 35.5). Youngstown State rallied around Naz Bohannon, who had 11 points and 11 rebounds. Loudon Love, meanwhile was a key piece for Wright State with 18 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Love led the Raiders to a 79-72 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 21 points. The Raiders’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Penguins. Wright State had a rate of 7.0, while Youngstown State posted a mark of 12.5.
Points at the line could be hard to find for Youngstown State in this matchup. The Penguins rank 280th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.200, while Wright State ranks 49th in FTA rate allowed (0.184). Also, the Raiders’ 12th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 112.3) will try to exploit the Penguins’ 262nd-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 103.4).
Wright State Raiders vs. Youngstown State Penguins ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Over
- Youngstown State averages 39.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 25th in the country. Wright State ranks 205th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- The Raiders average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 85th in the NCAA. The Penguins rank 96th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Youngstown State averages 23.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 108th in the nation. Wright State ranks 111th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8).
- The Raiders rank 38th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Penguins rank 162nd (12.9).
- Youngstown State ranks 44th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Wright State ranks 81st (6.0).
- During their last five games, the Penguins have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (1.7 above their season average).
- The Raiders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 12.2 for the season.