The UIC Flames (17-13, 12-5 Hor) and Wright State Raiders (21-9, 13-4 Hor) will battle at UIC Pavilion to bring the regular season to a conclusion. UIC is a 1-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 139 points. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Wright State Raiders vs. UIC Flames Betting Preview
The last time the Raiders played, they fell to the IUPUI Jaguars, 66-56. With 12 points on 4-for-6 shooting, Everett Winchester led Wright State in scoring. IUPUI had a turnover percentage of 13.5 (better than their season average of 17.7). Wright State, on the other hand, held the Jaguars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 33.0).
The Flames are trying to rebound after their 79-72 loss to the Northern Kentucky Norse in their last contest. Tai Odiase was UIC’s leading scorer with 14 points on 4-for-6 shooting. Northern Kentucky held the Flames to an effective field goal percentage of 0.452 (below their season average of 0.507). UIC, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 18.3).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of UIC. UIC ranks 302nd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.8 percent), while the pesky defense of Wright State forces the 22nd-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.5 percent).
Of Wright State’s 28 games that accepted bets, 18 have finished under the projected point total, while 13 of UIC’s 26 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raiders have the better straight up (SU) record (21-9 vs. 17-13), but both teams are near the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 126 points, which was under the projected point total of 140. The Raiders won 65-61, but were unable to cover as 7-point favorites. The Raiders dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.0 and a solid free throw rate of 0.266. For those same stats, the Flames were 25.7 and 0.189, respectively. Grant Benzinger put up a double-double in the victory with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
Wright State Raiders at UIC Flames Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Under
- The Flames rank 39th in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Raiders rank 135th (35.7).
- Wright State ranks 219th in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while UIC ranks 240th (19.1).
- On the road, Wright State is 8-6 ATS with 8 overs and 6 unders.
- At home, UIC is 5-7 ATS with 7 overs and 5 unders.
- UIC ranks second in blocks per game (6.8) while Wright State ranks 202nd (2.3).
- The Raiders rank 65th in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Flames rank 248th (15.5).
- Wright State ranks 65th in steals per game (7.0) while UIC ranks 202nd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- UIC is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Wright State is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Flames average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (1.1 above their season average).