The Northern Kentucky Norse (21-8, 13-4 Hor) welcome the Wright State Raiders (24-6, 14-3 Hor) to BB&T Arena as the regular season comes to a close. The game can be seen on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Wright State Raiders vs. Northern Kentucky Norse ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Norse edged the Youngstown State Penguins 61-59, while the Raiders defeated the Cleveland State Vikings 81-74.
Wright State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.370 (above their season average of 0.243) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.525). For those same stats, Cleveland State was 0.171 and 0.443, respectively. Meanwhile, Northern Kentucky’s 0.520 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Youngstown State, who had a mark of 0.397. The Norse’s mark was above their season average of 0.505, while the Penguins’ was below their season average of 0.483. Jalen Tate put together a solid game for Northern Kentucky with 18 points. Meanwhile, Loudon Love had a good outing for Wright State, finishing with 22 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tanner Holden led the Raiders to a 95-63 victory. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Wright State’s 0.186 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Northern Kentucky, who had a mark of 0.106.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Northern Kentucky in this contest. The Norse currently rank 92nd in offensive rebounding percentage (30.9 percent), while Wright State ranks 247th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.8 percent).
Wright State Raiders at Northern Kentucky Norse Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Northern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Northern Kentucky, O/U – Under
- Wright State ranks 18th in rebounds per game (40.0) while Northern Kentucky ranks 217th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Norse rank 30th in steals per game (8.1) while the Raiders rank 120th (6.5).
- Northern Kentucky is eighth in the country with 2.2 blocks allowed per game while Wright State is 55th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Norse rank 28th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while the Raiders rank 176th (21.3).
- Wright State ranks 36th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Northern Kentucky ranks 156th (12.9).
- The Raiders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 11.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Norse have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average).