Expect a defensive battle when the Wright State Raiders (7-4) and Missouri State Bears (9-3) clash at JQH Arena. Missouri State is a 9.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 132 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Wright State Raiders vs. Missouri State Bears ATS Preview
The last time the Raiders played, they defeated the Toledo Rockets, 77-69. Justin Mitchell was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Wright State played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.386 (above their season average of 0.256) and a turnover percentage of 17.6 (better than their season average of 18.1). Toledo had marks of 0.109 and 20.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bears are hoping for a better outcome after their 73-66 loss to the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles in their last matchup. Jarrid Rhodes was Missouri States leading scorer with 14 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Oral Roberts had a free throw rate of 0.245 (above their season average of 0.197). Missouri State, meanwhile, held the Golden Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7 (below their season average of 32.8).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Missouri State figures to have a significant edge. The Bears defense ranks 25th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.446), while the Wright State offense is ranked 258th in effective field goal percentage (0.493).
Both of these teams have typically gone under the O/U total. Wright State games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time, while games featuring Missouri State have finished under 55.6 percent of the time. The Bears have the better straight up (SU) record (9-3 vs. 7-4), but the Raiders have been better against the spread (ATS) (5-4 vs. 5-4).
Wright State Raiders at Missouri State Bears Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Over
- The Bears rank 25th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Raiders rank 80th (6.2).
- Missouri State ranks 219th in three pointers attempted per game (18.7) while Wright State ranks 235th (18.0).
- Missouri State ranks 15th in rebounds per game (41.6) while Wright State ranks 150th (35.6).
- The Raiders rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Bears rank 106th (3.6).
- Missouri State ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Wright State ranks 100th (13.1).
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 10.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average).