The Cleveland State Vikings (10-18, 6-9 Hor) close out their home schedule at Wolstein Center against the Wright State Raiders (23-6, 13-3 Hor). The game is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Wright State Raiders at Cleveland State Vikings Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Vikings were beaten by the Northern Kentucky Norse, 73-59, while the Raiders were blown out by the Youngstown State Penguins, 88-70.
Wright State had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 16.7) while Cleveland State had a better free throw rate (0.176 vs. 0.082). Torrey Patton played a pivotal role for Cleveland State with 13 points and five rebounds. Loudon Love had a good game for Wright State, contributing 17 points.
In their first matchup this season, Grant Basile led the Raiders to a 75-62 victory. He registered a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Wright State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.492 vs. 0.408). Cleveland State, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (44.2 vs. 40.5).
A focal point for the Cleveland State offense is getting to the free throw line. The Vikings rank 42nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.276), but Wright State is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 55th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.187). Furthermore, the 18th-ranked offense of the Raiders (offensive efficiency of 111.9) will square off against the 275th-ranked defense of the Vikings (defensive efficiency of 103.9).
Wright State Raiders at Cleveland State Vikings Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Cleveland State, ATS Winner – Cleveland State, O/U – Over
- Wright State ranks 13th in rebounds per game (40.3) while Cleveland State ranks 200th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- The Raiders rank 81st in blocks per game (3.6) while the Vikings rank 168th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Cleveland State ranks 49th in steals per game (7.7) while Wright State ranks 125th (6.5).
- The Raiders rank 69th in assists per game (14.4) while the Vikings rank 227th (11.6).
- Wright State ranks 163rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while Cleveland State ranks 307th (12.5).
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 63.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (1.4 below their season average).
- The Raiders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 11.2 for the season.