It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the Wofford Terriers (16-12, 8-7 SoCon) travel to Furman to take on the Paladins (22-6, 12-3 SoCon). Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Wofford Terriers at Furman Paladins Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Paladins fell to the East Tennessee State Buccaneers, 75-66, while the Terriers were defeated by the UNCG Spartans, 83-79.
Wofford was lights out from beyond the arc (13-31; 41.9 percent) while Furman forced East Tennessee State into a turnover percentage of 20.3 (above their season average of 14.9). Jordan Lyons had a good game for Furman with 18 points. Wofford was lifted by Nathan Hoover, who had 24 points.
In their first matchup this season, Chevez Goodwin led the Terriers to a 66-52 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 18 points. The Terriers’ 18.5 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Paladins, who had a mark of 11.1.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s top offenses go head-to-head. Furman ranks 29th with 110.9 points per 100 possessions and Wofford is 59th (108.5). Furthermore, the Terriers rank 57th in turnover percentage (17.2 percent), while the Paladins rank 25th in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.2 percent).
Wofford Terriers vs. Furman Paladins Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Wofford, O/U – Over
- Furman ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while Wofford ranks 216th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Terriers rank 37th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Paladins rank 132nd (34.6).
- Wofford is 20th in the country with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while Furman is 38th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Paladins rank 34th in steals per game (8.1) while the Terriers rank 156th (6.0).
- Furman averages 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 34th in the country. Wofford ranks 149th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (9.2 above their season average).
- The Paladins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, down from 10.9 for the season.