To start their season, the Wofford Terriers will travel to Haas Pavilion and square off against the California Golden Bears (1-1). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 143 points with California opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Wofford Terriers vs. California Golden Bears Betting Preview
The Golden Bears will look to keep it rolling after barely hanging on to beat the Cal Poly Mustangs in their last game, 85-82. Californias Marcus Lee had a good outing, finishing with 21 points and 11 rebounds. The Golden Bears had a much better free throw rate (0.500 vs. 0.103) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (52.2 vs. 26.9).
Last season, Wofford failed to reach the tournament following a 16-17 regular season.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Wofford takes on the top-notch defense of California. Dating back to last season, the Terriers rank 30th in offensive efficiency, while the Golden Bears were 25th in defensive efficiency.
Last season, the Terriers were 16-17 straight up (SU) and 20-10 against the spread (ATS). Games including Wofford finished over the O/U total 63.3 percent of the time.
The Golden Bears have had a respectable 22-13 SU record since last season, but are just 14-21-1 ATS. Games involving California have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total over that same time frame (55.6 percent).
Wofford Terriers at California Golden Bears Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – California, ATS Winner – Wofford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Terriers rank 76th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while the Golden Bears rank 237th (19.2).
- California ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Wofford ranks 169th (6.3).
- Wofford ranks 16th in assists per game (16.7) while California ranks 253rd (11.9).
- The Golden Bears rank 31st in rebounds per game (38.9) while the Terriers rank 264th (33.5).
- California ranks 42nd in blocks per game (4.7) while Wofford ranks 256th (2.2).