The Wofford Terriers (11-6, 3-1 SoCon) will be at McKenzie Arena to clash against the Chattanooga Mocs (11-6, 2-2 SoCon) in a SoCon matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Wofford Terriers at Chattanooga Mocs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Mocs had no trouble getting past the Samford Bulldogs 105-67, while the Terriers won a close one over the Citadel Bulldogs 73-71.
The Terriers had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.357 (above their season average of 0.194) and held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.438 (below their season average of 0.535). Chattanooga, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.664 (above their season average of 0.507) and a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 15.8). Samford had marks of 0.400 and 17.0, respectively, for those same stats. Matt Ryan was a key piece for Chattanooga with 20 points, seven rebounds and six assists. Wofford received a boost from Chevez Goodwin, who finished with 11 points and seven rebounds.
The Terriers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Wofford won 80-54. Wofford’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Chattanooga. The Terriers had a rate of 0.259, while the Mocs posted a mark of 0.105. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams clash. Chattanooga ranks 270th in possessions per game (68.1) and Wofford is 298th (67.0).
Wofford Terriers vs. Chattanooga Mocs Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Chattanooga, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Under
- Chattanooga ranks 143rd in rebounds per game (35.8) while Wofford ranks 268th (30.7).
- The Terriers rank 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Mocs rank 119th (3.8).
- Chattanooga ranks 49th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Wofford ranks 67th (5.9).
- The Mocs average 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. The Terriers rank 179th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Chattanooga ranks 47th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Wofford ranks 140th (12.9).
- During their last five games, the Mocs have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (4.9 below their season average).
- The Terriers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 5.4 for the season.