The Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-17, 2-11 Big 10) welcome the Wisconsin Badgers (14-10, 7-6 Big 10) to Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Cornhuskers will try to snap their nine-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 2:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Wisconsin Badgers vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Cornhuskers lost a tough one against the ninth-ranked Maryland Terrapins, 72-70, while the Badgers were victorious over the Ohio State Buckeyes, 70-57.
Wisconsin played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 14.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.517 (above their season average of 0.492). For those same stats, Ohio State was 20.0 and 0.429, respectively. Nebraska, meanwhile, forced Maryland into a turnover percentage of 21.6 (above their season average of 15.1). Haanif Cheatham led the way for Nebraska, putting up 20 points and six rebounds. Wisconsin, meanwhile, was lifted by Brevin Pritzl, who put up 19 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, D’Mitrik Trice led the Badgers to an 82-68 victory. He registered a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Wisconsin had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 21.1). Nebraska, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.167 vs. 0.095).
Opposite tempos will be on display in this battle. Nebraska has preferred an up-and-down style of play (42nd in possessions per game), while Wisconsin has been more methodical (347th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Badgers rank 277th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.199), while the Cornhuskers rank second in opponents’ FTA rate (0.141).
Wisconsin at Nebraska Free Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Nebraska, O/U – Over
- Wisconsin ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Nebraska ranks 283rd (26.0).
- The Badgers are 18th in the country with 5.0 steals allowed per game while the Cornhuskers are 42nd with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- Wisconsin averages 12.0 assists per game, which ranks 202nd in the nation. Nebraska ranks 222nd in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Badgers rank 119th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2) while the Cornhuskers rank 293rd (45.2).
- Wisconsin averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 67th in the nation. Nebraska ranks 171st in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- During their last five games, the Badgers have scored an average of 59.8 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (3.9 above their season average).
- The Cornhuskers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 4.5 for the season.