The 19th-ranked Michigan Wolverines (18-9, 9-7 Big 10) and the Wisconsin Badgers (17-10, 10-6 Big 10) go head-to-head at Crisler Center. The Wolverines will try to extend their five-game winning streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Wisconsin Badgers at Michigan Wolverines Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Wolverines defeated the Purdue Boilermakers 71-63, while the Badgers beat the Rutgers Scarlet Knights 79-71.
The Badgers made 20 of their 26 free throws (76.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.499). Michigan, on the other hand, played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 3.8 (better than their season average of 14.3) and a free throw rate of 0.231 (above their season average of 0.192). For those same stats, Purdue was 14.9 and 0.143, respectively. Franz Wagner had a solid game for Michigan with 22 points and five rebounds. Micah Potter had a good outing for Wisconsin, finishing with 18 points and nine rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Wolverines won 61-52. Michigan’s 0.125 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Wisconsin, who had a rate of 0.000. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Michigan could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Michigan ranks 13th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while Wisconsin forces the 75th-fewest turnovers (17.6 percent). Also, the Badgers, who rank 255th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.206), could struggle to get to the line against the Wolverines, who rank 32nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.174).
Wisconsin Badgers at Michigan Wolverines ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Michigan, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Over
- Michigan ranks 37th in assists per game (15.0) while Wisconsin ranks 183rd (12.3).
- The Wolverines rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while the Badgers rank 45th (18.9).
- Michigan ranks 88th in rebounds per game (37.2) while Wisconsin ranks 119th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- The Wolverines rank 24th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Badgers rank 70th (3.8).
- Michigan ranks 203rd in steals per game (5.4) while Wisconsin ranks 244th (4.6).
- The Badgers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (6.9 below their season average).