The Wisconsin Badgers (12-6, 4-3 Big 10) will be at the State Farm Center to go head-to-head with the Illinois Fighting Illini (5-13, 1-6 Big 10) in a Big 10 matchup. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Wisconsin Badgers at Illinois Fighting Illini Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Fighting Illini got blown out by the 23rd-ranked Iowa Hawkeyes, 95-71, while the Badgers were victorious over the second-ranked Michigan Wolverines, 64-54.
Wisconsin dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.1 (worse than their season average of 12.8) and a free throw rate of 0.121 (below their season average of 0.178). For those same stats, Michigan recorded marks of 21.4 and 0.093, respectively. Illinois, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 29.8). Ayo Dosunmu put together a solid game for Illinois with 15 points and six assists. Ethan Happ had a good game for Wisconsin, contributing 26 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.
The Badgers dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent game, Wisconsin won 78-69. Wisconsin’s 0.617 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Illinois, who had a mark of 0.464. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Illinois may have trouble getting to the foul line in this showdown. The Fighting Illini currently rank 321st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.178, while Wisconsin ranks 39th in FTA rate allowed (0.182). Also, the Badgers’ 50th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.550) will clash against the Fighting Illini’s 294th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.531).
Wisconsin Badgers at Illinois Fighting Illini Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Under
- Illinois ranks 47th in steals per game (7.8) while Wisconsin ranks 163rd (5.6).
- The Fighting Illini rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Badgers rank 62nd (20.2).
- Wisconsin ranks 199th in rebounds per game (34.5) while Illinois ranks 231st (33.7).
- The Badgers rank 17th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while the Fighting Illini rank 124th (13.1).
- Wisconsin averages 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. Illinois ranks 129th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Badgers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Illini have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (1.2 above their season average).