The Winthrop Eagles (11-7, 5-0 BigSou) head to Dedmon Center to square off against the Radford Highlanders (10-7, 5-0 BigSou). Both teams will look to prolong their seven game winning streaks. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020.
Winthrop Eagles at Radford Highlanders ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Highlanders were victorious over the Presbyterian Blue Hose 75-64, while the Eagles had no trouble getting past the Hampton Pirates 116-95.
The Eagles, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.5, had a fantastic mark of 56.3 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.530). The Highlanders, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 14.3) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.516). Carlik Jones had a solid performance for Radford with 20 points, seven rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Josh Ferguson played well for Winthrop, finishing with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
The Highlanders dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last matchup, Radford won 87-81. The Highlanders’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Eagles. Radford had a rate of 32.3, while Winthrop posted a mark of 25.0. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The productive offense of Radford (65th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 108.6) will face off against the mid-tier defense of Winthrop (167th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 98.6). The Highlanders should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Opposite paces will be on display in this battle. The quick-paced Eagles rank 18th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Highlanders rank 341st.
Winthrop Eagles at Radford Highlanders Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Over
- Winthrop ranks 25th in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while Radford ranks 200th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Highlanders rank sixth in steals allowed per game (4.4) while the Eagles rank 139th (6.9).
- The Eagles rank 15th in rebounds per game (41.1) while the Highlanders rank 168th (35.3).
- Winthrop ranks 14th in assists per game (16.5) while Radford ranks 160th (12.6).
- The Highlanders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 94.4 points per game (11.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (3.8 above their season average).