A six-game road winning streak is on the line for the Winthrop Eagles (18-8, 12-1 BigSou) when they square off against the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (10-14, 6-6 BigSou) at Paul Porter Arena. The game can be seen on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Winthrop Eagles vs. Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last game, the Runnin’ Bulldogs had no trouble getting past the High Point Panthers, 86-55, while the Eagles lost to the Radford Highlanders, 81-77.
Gardner-Webb dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 43.9 (above their season average of 28.2) and a free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.244). High Point recorded marks of 8.6 and 0.176, respectively, for those same stats. Winthrop, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 16.5). Jaheam Cornwall was a key piece for Gardner-Webb with 24 points and five rebounds. Winthrop was lifted by Hunter Hale, who finished with 24 points.
In their first matchup this year, Chandler Vaudrin led the Eagles to a 99-95 victory. He put up 24 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Winthrop out-rebounded Gardner-Webb. The Eagles had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. 5) and total rebounds (55 vs. 46).
Second-chance points might be scarce for Gardner-Webb in this battle. The Runnin’ Bulldogs currently rank 166th in offensive rebounding percentage (29.0 percent), while Winthrop ranks 60th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.9 percent).
Winthrop Eagles at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Gardner-Webb, ATS Winner – Gardner-Webb, O/U – Under
- Winthrop ranks 25th in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Gardner-Webb ranks 273rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 53rd in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 104th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Winthrop ranks 94th in steals per game (6.8) while Gardner-Webb ranks 122nd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Eagles average 16.1 assists per game, which ranks 19th in the nation. The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 210th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Winthrop ranks 10th in rebounds per game (40.7) while Gardner-Webb ranks 179th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (3.4 below their season average).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 0.4 for the season.