The Georgia Bulldogs (6-1) will be at home in Stegeman Coliseum when they clash against the Winthrop Eagles (5-3). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Winthrop Eagles at Georgia Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Eagles last outing, they won big over the Reinhardt Eagles, 107-76. With 11 points, 15 rebounds and 11 assists, Xavier Cooks led the way for Winthrop with his zeroth triple-double this season. Winthrop dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 15.6) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.8 (below their season average of 29.9). For those same stats, Reinhardt had marks of 18.2 and 18.2, respectively.
The Bulldogs will look to keep it rolling after topping the Marquette Golden Eagles in their last outing, 73-66. Georgia was lifted by Yante Maten, who was the teams high scorer with 13 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Georgia played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.420 (above their season average of 0.301) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.520 (above their season average of 0.500). For those same stats, Marquette had marks of 0.177 and 0.444, respectively.
Georgia might have trouble finding the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the nation’s best defenses. Since last season, Winthrop ranks 42nd in defensive efficiency while the Bulldogs rank 218th in offensive efficiency.
Georgia owns records of 6-1 SU and 2-2 ATS. Of the Bulldogs four games with betting action, two have finished under and two have finished over.
Winthrop Eagles at Georgia Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Winthrop, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 34th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Bulldogs rank 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Winthrop ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Georgia ranks 42nd (11.4).
- Winthrop ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Georgia ranks 314th (16.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 74th in rebounds per game (37.9) while the Eagles rank 254th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- Winthrop ranks 77th in steals per game (7.0) while Georgia ranks 241st (5.3).