The USC Upstate Spartans (11-18, 6-10 BigSou) wrap up their home schedule at G.B. Hodge Center against the Winthrop Eagles (19-10, 13-3 BigSou). The game starts at 6 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Winthrop Eagles vs. USC Upstate Spartans ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Spartans lost big to the Radford Highlanders, 81-60, while the Eagles were beaten by the Hampton Pirates, 87-81.
Winthrop had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 14.8) while USC Upstate did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (14-19; 73.7 percent). Nevin Zink played well for USC Upstate with 16 points. Meanwhile, Winthrop rallied around Hunter Hale, who had 18 points.
In their first matchup this season, Hale led the Eagles to a 79-53 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 17 points. Winthrop won the rebounding battle. The Eagles had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. 8), defensive rebounds (26 vs. 19) and total rebounds (42 vs. 27).
Second-chance points might be rare for USC Upstate in this showdown. The Spartans currently rank 232nd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 percent), while Winthrop ranks 48th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent). Additionally, the 33rd-ranked offense of the Eagles (offensive efficiency of 110.5) will battle against the 321st-ranked defense of the Spartans (defensive efficiency of 106.9).
Winthrop Eagles vs. USC Upstate Spartans Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – USC Upstate, ATS Winner – USC Upstate, O/U – Over
- Winthrop ranks ninth in rebounds per game (40.6) while USC Upstate ranks 232nd (33.6).
- The Eagles rank 16th in assists per game (16.0) while the Spartans rank 205th (11.8).
- Winthrop ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while USC Upstate ranks 205th (20.5).
- The Spartans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.6 points per game (8.3 above their season average).