The Winthrop Eagles (18-9, 12-2 BigSou) will be at the Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center to take on the Presbyterian Blue Hose (9-17, 6-7 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Winthrop Eagles at Presbyterian Blue Hose Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Blue Hose fell to the Radford Highlanders, 81-71, while the Eagles were defeated by the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs, 74-70.
Winthrop had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.6 (above their season average of 35.2) while Presbyterian did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (14-19; 73.7 percent). Cory Hightower played a key role for Presbyterian with 21 points. D.J. Burns, meanwhile had a good game for Winthrop, finishing with 12 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Hunter Hale led the Eagles to a 72-57 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 19 points. The Eagles’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Blue Hose. Winthrop had a rate of 22.7, while Presbyterian posted a mark of 32.2.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Presbyterian. Presbyterian ranks 325th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Winthrop forces the 83rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.1 percent). Also, the Eagles’ 33rd-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 110.3) will go head-to-head against the Blue Hose’s 330th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 108.9).
Winthrop Eagles at Presbyterian Blue Hose Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Winthrop, ATS Winner – Winthrop, O/U – Over
- Winthrop ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Presbyterian ranks 253rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- The Eagles rank 99th in steals per game (6.7) while the Blue Hose rank 171st in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Eagles rank eighth in rebounds per game (40.9) while the Blue Hose rank 213th (33.7).
- Winthrop ranks 20th in assists per game (16.1) while Presbyterian ranks 185th (12.3).
- During their last five games, the Blue Hose have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (4.1 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 9.9 for the season.