The Winthrop Eagles will get their season going on the road when they go head-to-head with the Hartford Hawks (1-0) at Chase Family Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 7, 2019.
Winthrop Eagles vs. Hartford Hawks Betting Odds
The Hawks hope to maintain momentum after topping the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils in their last contest, 74-59. Hartford was lifted by Hunter Marks, who was the game’s leading scorer with 19 points on 6-for-8 shooting. Hartford played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 19.3 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.554. For those same stats, Central Connecticut State was 23.9 and 0.471, respectively.
Winthrop failed to make the tournament following an 18-11 regular season last season.
Second-chance points could be rare for Hartford in this battle. The Hawks rank 278th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.2 percent), while Winthrop ranks 36th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent) dating back to last season. Also, the Eagles rank 21st in effective field goal percentage (0.554), while the Hawks rank 253rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.519).
Winthrop Eagles vs. Hartford Hawks ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Winthrop ranks fifth in rebounds per game (41.0) while Hartford ranks 293rd (31.9).
- The Eagles rank 41st in assists per game (15.3) while the Hawks rank 181st in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Winthrop ranks 187th in blocks per game (2.8) while Hartford ranks 247th (2.1).
- The Hawks rank 54th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while the Eagles rank 303rd in three pointers allowed per game (26.4).
- Hartford ranks 82nd in steals per game (6.9) while Winthrop ranks 269th (4.5).