The Winnipeg Jets, led by Patrik Laine and Mark Scheifele, are prepared to take the ice against Tyler Seguin, Miro Heiskanen, and the Dallas Stars at the American Airlines Center in a divisional showdown. The action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 5 and it can be watched live on Fox Sports Southwest.
Winnipeg Jets vs. Dallas Stars Odds
Winnipeg (+140) is entering this one as the underdog to Dallas (-160), and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 6 goals (-125 for the under, +105 for the over).
Winnipeg is 17-11 straight up (SU) and has earned 8.7 units for moneyline bettors this year. 16 of its matches have gone under the total, while 11 have gone over and just one has pushed. This 2019-20 Jets team is 10-5 SU on the road.
Winnipeg has converted on just 15.5 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a mark that places them in the bottom-10 overall among NHL teams. Additionally, its penalty kill is ranked 23rd overall, and it has successfully killed off 76.6 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 29.1 saves per game with a .934 save percentage, Connor Hellebuyck (14-8-1) has been the top option in goal for Winnipeg this season. If Winnipeg chooses to rest him, however, they could turn to Laurent Brossoit (4-4 record, .885 save percentage, 3.65 goals against average).
Dallas is 15-14 straight up (SU) and has lost 0.2 units for moneyline bettors this year. 18 of its outings have gone under the total, while 10 have gone over and just one has pushed. It’s 9-5 SU at home this season.
The Stars have converted on just 14.8 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s ranked 26th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked eighth overall, and it’s successfully killed off 85.0 percent of all penalties.
Ben Bishop (26.4 saves per game) has been the primary choice in goal for the Stars. Bishop has 11 wins, eight losses, and two overtime losses to his name and has registered a .928 save percentage and 2.20 goals against average this year.
Winnipeg Jets at Dallas Stars Free Picks
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Stars, O/U – Over
- The majority (60.0 percent) of Dallas’ wins have been by two or more goals, and the team is 9-7 overall in games decided by at least two scores. 6 of Winnipeg’s 17 wins (35.3 percent) have been decided by two or more goals.
- The Stars are 1-4 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 6-11 when they’re in the box for fewer than 10 penalty minutes, total.
- Dallas is 1-2 in games decided by a shootout this season while Winnipeg is 2-1 in shootouts.
- The total has gone under in three of Winnipeg’s last five outings.
- Winnipeg skaters have averaged 10.8 giveaways over its last five home games, its season average of 10.4 giveaways per game (ranked 15th in the NHL).
- Dallas skaters have averaged 16.6 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 12.6 giveaways per game (ranked 29th in the NHL).
- Winnipeg skaters have accounted for the league’s 12th-most hits per game (22.4), but that number’s down to just 18.8 hits over their last five away games.