The Winnipeg Jets and the St. Louis Blues are set to face off at the Enterprise Center in Game 3 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals. The opening face-off is at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 14, and it’ll air live on CNBC, CBC, RSN and FSMW.
Winnipeg Jets at St. Louis Blues Odds
Winnipeg (+140) is currently the underdog to St. Louis (-160), and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 6 goals. The odds for betting the total stand at -135 under, +115 over.
St. Louis is 47-37 straight-up (SU) and has earned 4.0 units for moneyline bettors this year. That winning percentage, ranked 2nd in the Central Division in this young season, hasn’t moved much from the 44-38 record the team posted during last year’s regular season campaign. Through 84 regular season outings, 44 of the team’s games have gone under the total, while 35 have gone over and just five have pushed. The team is 24-17 SU at home this season.
The Blues’ offensive skaters attempted 31.7 shots per game in the regular season, leading to 3.0 goals per contest (ranked 14th overall in the NHL). In the playoffs, the team’s dropped to an average of 29.0 shots on goal ( 3.0 goals per game).
After sporting the eighth-best power-play unit in the regular season (scoring on 20.5 percent of all chances), the Blues have yet to find net in the playoffs.
Boasting a .905 save percentage and 25.1 saves per game, Jake Allen (19 wins, 27 losses, and eight OT losses) has been the principal option in goal for the Blue Notes this season. If the Blue Notes, however, choose to give him the night off, St. Louis could turn to Jordan Binnington (26-8-8 record, .927 save percentage, 1.89 goals against average).
Winnipeg is 47-37 straight up (SU) and has lost 1.6 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 84 regular season matches, 42 of its games have gone over the total, while 35 have gone under the total and just seven have pushed. As a road team, the Jets are 22-19 SU.
The Jets have converted on 25.2 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a figure that’s good enough for fourth-best in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 23rd overall and it’s successfully killed off 79.7 percent of all opponent power plays.
Connor Hellebuyck (.912 save percentage and 2.91 goals against average) has been the primary option in goal for Winnipeg. Hellebuyck is averaging 29.6 saves per game and owns a 34-31-3 record.
Winnipeg Jets at St. Louis Blues Betting Picks
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Blues, O/U – Under
- Extra-man opportunities could prove to be key in tonight’s matchup. The Jets are 22-14 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 29-27 in games where they serve fewer than 10 total penalty minutes. The Blues are 23-19 when the team serves fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 35-25 in games where they’re in the box for less than 10 minutes.
- Three of St. Louis’ last ten games have gone to a shootout. The team is 2-1 in those games and 3-3 overall in shootouts this season.
- For both of these clubs, the over has hit in three of their past five matchups.
- Winnipeg is ranked 10th this season with 9.2 giveaways per game. That figure has trended down recently, however, as it’s averaged 7.5 giveaways over its last 10 games and 5.0 giveaways over its last five.
- St. Louis is ranked 3rd this season with just 7.5 giveaways per game. That figure has improved recently, however, as the team’s averaged 6.1 giveaways over its last 10 games and 6.6 giveaways over its last five.