The James Madison Dukes (9-17, 2-13 CAA) wrap up their home schedule at JMU Convocation Center against the William & Mary Tribe (19-10, 11-5 CAA). The game begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
William & Mary Tribe vs. James Madison Dukes ATS Odds
In their last game, the Dukes lost to the Elon Phoenix, 70-62, while the Tribe defeated the Towson Tigers, 61-51.
The Tribe held the Tigers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.323 (below their season average of 0.491). The Tigers had a free throw rate of 0.177 (below their season average of 0.254). James Madison, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.0 vs. 17.1). James Madison rallied around Matt Lewis, who had 23 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Nathan Knight was a key piece for William & Mary with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Knight led the Tribe to an 88-75 victory. He registered a double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds. William & Mary’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over James Madison. The Tribe had a rate of 0.684 while the Dukes posted a mark of 0.434.
It will be a showdown of opposite styles as the up-and-down Dukes (ranked 42nd in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Tribe (274th in possessions per game).
William & Mary Tribe vs. James Madison Dukes Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Under
- William & Mary ranks 45th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while James Madison ranks 284th (39.5).
- The Tribe rank 49th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Dukes rank 139th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- William & Mary averages 13.6 assists per game, which ranks 120th in the country. James Madison ranks 208th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Tribe rank 79th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while the Dukes rank 263rd (25.4).
- James Madison ranks 120th in steals per game (6.5) while William & Mary ranks 246th (4.3).
- The Dukes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tribe have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average).