The William & Mary Tribe (18-10, 10-5 CAA) will be at SECU Arena to square off against the Towson Tigers (16-11, 9-5 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
William & Mary Tribe at Towson Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Tigers defeated the James Madison Dukes 63-48, while the Tribe beat the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens 81-77.
The Tribe had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.527) and had a turnover percentage of 14.6 (better than their season average of 17.0). Towson, meanwhile, played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.175 (below their season average of 0.257) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 32.3). James Madison was 0.034 and 22.0, respectively, for those same stats. Towson’s Brian Fobbs had a good game, putting up 14 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, William & Mary received a boost from Nathan Knight, who recorded 33 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jason Gibson led the Tigers to a 70-58 win. He scored a game-high 21 points. Towson’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over William & Mary. The Tigers had a rate of 0.286, while the Tribe posted a mark of 0.200.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Towson currently ranks 301st in possessions per game (66.6) and William & Mary is 260th (67.5).
William & Mary at Towson Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Over
- Towson ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while William & Mary ranks 155th (6.8).
- The Tribe average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 53rd in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 56th in blocks allowed per game (2.8).
- William & Mary allows the 41st-fewest rebounds per game (31.9) while Towson ranks 44th (32.0).
- The Tribe rank 104th in assists per game (13.6) while the Tigers rank 236th (11.0).
- William & Mary ranks 163rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.6) while Towson ranks 236th (19.3).
- During their last five games, the Tribe have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (4.9 above their season average).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 4.5 for the season.