The American University Eagles (0-1) get their home schedule underway at Bender Arena against the William & Mary Tribe (1-0). The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
William & Mary Tribe vs. American University Eagles Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Eagles fell to the Siena Saints, 96-80, while the Tribe were victorious over the High Point Panthers, 70-56.
The Tribe had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.333) and had a better free throw rate (0.250 vs. 0.222). American University, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.333 vs. 0.224). American University rallied around Stacy Beckton Jr., who recorded 14 points and five rebounds. Nathan Knight, meanwhile had a good game for William & Mary, finishing with 16 points and 13 rebounds.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, American University should have a substantial edge. Dating back to last season, the Eagles offense ranks 76th in that metric at 0.533, while the William & Mary defense ranks 261st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.520).
William & Mary Tribe vs. American University Eagles Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- American University ranks 60th in steals per game (7.3) while William & Mary ranks 244th (5.1).
- The Tribe average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 108th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- William & Mary ranks 213th in rebounds per game (34.3) while American University ranks 249th (33.5).
- The Tribe rank 111th in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while the Eagles rank 277th (19.4).
- William & Mary ranks 11th in assists per game (17.0) while American University ranks 166th (13.2).