The California Golden Bears (2-1) and the No. 6 Wichita State Shockers (2-0) square off in the Maui Invitational at Lahaina Civic Center. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Wichita State Shockers vs. California Golden Bears Betting Preview
The Shockers won big over the Charleston Cougars in their last contest, 81-63. Shaquille Morris was Wichita States high scorer with 18 points on 7-for-11 shooting. The Shockers had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 13.2) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.543 vs. 0.422).
In the Golden Bears last matchup, they beat the Wofford Terriers, 79-65. Californias Marcus Lee was a key piece with 17 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. The Golden Bears had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (53.8 vs. 8.0) and had a better free throw rate (0.302 vs. 0.217).
Points could be at a premium in this matchup between two of the NCAAs best defenses. California ranks 27th in defensive efficiency (96.0) and Wichita State is second (90.3) dating back to last season. Moreover, the Shockers rank 37th in turnover percentage (16.5 percent), while the Golden Bears rank 299th in opponents turnover percentage (17.1 percent).
Wichita State Shockers vs. California Golden Bears Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – California, ATS Winner – California, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Bears average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. The Shockers rank 145th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Wichita State ranks fourth in rebounds per game (41.3) while California ranks 34th (38.8).
- Wichita State ranks 20th in assists per game (16.6) while California ranks 258th (12.1).
- The Golden Bears rank 38th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Shockers rank 183rd (21.6).
- Wichita State ranks 132nd in steals per game (6.4) while California ranks 253rd (4.9).