The South Florida Bulls (12-6, 2-4 AAC) welcome the Wichita State Shockers (8-9, 1-4 AAC) to USF Sun Dome. The Shockers can put an end to a five-game road losing streak. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Wichita State Shockers at South Florida Bulls Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Bulls fell to the 21st-ranked Houston Cougars, 69-60, while the Shockers were defeated by the Cincinnati Bearcats, 66-55.
Wichita State made eight of their 21 three pointers (38.1 percent) while South Florida had a free throw rate of 0.614 (above their season average of 0.313). David Collins had a good outing for South Florida, recording 23 points. Meanwhile, Markis McDuffie played a key role for Wichita State with 21 points and five rebounds.
The Shockers won the only contest between these two teams last year, 95-57. Wichita State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over South Florida. The Shockers had a rate of 0.729 while the Bulls posted a mark of 0.418. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The aggressive South Florida offense seems poised to dominate from the foul line. The Bulls rank seventh in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.326, while Wichita State is among the nation’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 326th-ranked FTA rate of 0.297). Moreover, the 271st-ranked offense of the Shockers (offensive efficiency of 100.5) will go head-to-head against the 28th-ranked defense of the Bulls (defensive efficiency of 93.2).
Wichita State at South Florida Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – South Florida, ATS Winner – Wichita State, O/U – Under
- South Florida ranks 10th in steals per game (9.3) while Wichita State ranks 184th (5.1).
- The Shockers rank 132nd in blocks per game (2.9) while the Bulls rank 145th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Shockers rank 121st in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while the Bulls rank 233rd (19.9).
- South Florida ranks 39th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Wichita State ranks 123rd (36.5).
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (8.7 above their season average).
- The Shockers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 1.3 for the season.