The South Carolina Gamecocks will get their season started when they square off against the Western Michigan Broncos (1-0) at Colonial Life Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 141 points with South Carolina set as a 10.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Western Michigan Broncos at South Carolina Gamecocks ATS Preview
The Broncos easily got past the Siena Heights Saints in their last outing, 103-72. Thomas Wilder was the games leading scorer with 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Western Michigan dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.319 and a turnover percentage of 8.8. For those same stats, Siena Heights was 0.095 and 22.4, respectively.
South Carolina made it to the Final Four last season as a seven seed in the tournament, where they fell to the Gonzaga Bulldogs. The Gamecocks went 22-10 in the regular season.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAAs top rebounding teams battle. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Gamecocks rank 48th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), while Western Michigan ranks 55th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.0 percent).
The Broncos have had records of 17-16 straight up (SU) and 18-11 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Western Michigan games since last season with 15 overs compared to 14 unders.
Meanwhile, the Gamecocks were 22-10 SU and 16-17-1 ATS last season. Games featuring the Gamecocks went under the projected point total 52.9 percent of the time.
Western Michigan Broncos vs. South Carolina Gamecocks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Carolina, ATS Winner – South Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Broncos rank 132nd in rebounds per game (36.3) while the Gamecocks rank 176th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- Western Michigan averages 2.8 blocks per game, which ranks 199th in the NCAA. South Carolina ranks 205th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- South Carolina ranks sixth in assists allowed per game (9.8) while Western Michigan ranks 218th (14.1).
- The Gamecocks rank 40th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Broncos rank 197th (21.8).
- South Carolina ranks 26th in steals per game (7.8) while Western Michigan ranks 168th (5.8).