MAC foes will collide when the Northern Illinois Huskies (11-15, 4-9 MAC) square off against the Western Michigan Broncos (15-11, 7-6 MAC) at Convocation Center. Tip-off is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Western Michigan Broncos vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Free Preview
The last time the Broncos played, they lost a tough one against the Bowling Green Falcons, 83-81. Western Michigan’s Thomas Wilder had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Bowling Green did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (22-27; 81.5 percent). Western Michigan, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 13.2).
The Huskies are hoping for a better outcome after their 80-72 loss to the Central Michigan Chippewas in their last contest. Eugene German led Northern Illinois in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Central Michigan forced the Huskies into a turnover percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 14.5). Northern Illinois, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.511).
These teams have already met once this season. The Broncos won 79-72. The Broncos dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.250 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.635. The Huskies were 0.155 and 0.543, respectively, for those same stats. Wilder scored a game-high 25 points.
Western Michigan Broncos vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Odds Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northern Illinois, ATS Winner – Northern Illinois, O/U – Over
- The Broncos average 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 140th in the NCAA. The Huskies rank 156th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Northern Illinois is 10th in the nation with 4.6 steals allowed per game while Western Michigan is 12th with 4.7 steals allowed per game.
- Western Michigan ranks 185th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while Northern Illinois ranks 290th (16.6).
- The Broncos rank 193rd in assists per game (12.7) while the Huskies rank 264th (10.0).
- Western Michigan averages 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 137th in the NCAA. Northern Illinois ranks 159th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- The Huskies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).