The Western Michigan Broncos (11-13, 4-7 MAC) will be at the Convocation Center to clash against the Eastern Michigan Eagles (13-11, 3-8 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game starts at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and will air on ESPN 3.
Western Michigan Broncos at Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Eagles won a close one over the Central Michigan Chippewas, 73-70, while the Broncos lost to the Ohio Bobcats, 73-61.
The Eagles had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 (above their season average of 28.0) and had a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.273). Western Michigan, on the other hand, held Ohio to an effective field goal percentage of 0.466 (below their season average of 0.520). Boubacar Toure fueled Eastern Michigan with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Michael Flowers, meanwhile had a good game for Western Michigan, contributing 21 points and five rebounds.
The Eagles dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the most recent game, Eastern Michigan won 77-76. Getting to the free throw line was one of Eastern Michigan’s biggest strengths. They had 38 free throw attempts, while Western Michigan had just 19. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Western Michigan might have a difficult time scoring as they face off against one of the nation’s best defenses. Eastern Michigan currently ranks 29th in defensive efficiency while the Broncos rank 194th in offensive efficiency.
Western Michigan Broncos at Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Under
- Eastern Michigan ranks second in steals per game (10.5) while Western Michigan ranks 207th (5.0).
- The Eagles are 30th in the nation with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while the Broncos are 57th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Western Michigan ranks 233rd in assists per game (11.0) while Eastern Michigan ranks 260th (9.8).
- The Broncos rank 171st in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while the Eagles rank 271st in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 160th in rebounds per game (35.1) while Western Michigan ranks 239th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Broncos’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 1.8 for the season.