The Detroit Titans (4-5) will be at home in Calihan Hall when they clash against the Western Michigan Broncos (5-4). Western Michigan is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 163 points. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Western Michigan Broncos vs. Detroit Titans Odds Preview
In the Broncos last matchup, they beat the Cleveland State Vikings, 78-67. Reggie Jones was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Western Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.229) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.3 (below their season average of 32.6). Cleveland State was 0.148 and 23.1, respectively, for those same stats.
The Titans are trying to rebound after their 89-86 loss to the Toledo Rockets in their last outing. Josh McFolley was the games high scorer with 24 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Toledo had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 20.9). Detroit, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 14.1).
This contest should be a battle of contrasting tempos. Since the 2016-17 season, Detroit has preferred to play fast (12th in possessions per game), while Western Michigan has been more half-court-oriented (171st in possessions per game).
Of Western Michigan’s 7 games that accepted bets, three have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of Detroit’s 7 games have finished over the O/U total. The Broncos have the better straight up (SU) record (5-4 vs. 4-5), but the Titans hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (4-3 vs. 2-5).
Western Michigan Broncos at Detroit Titans Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Western Michigan, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Titans average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 71st in the nation. The Broncos rank 123rd in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- Western Michigan averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 179th in the nation. Detroit ranks 205th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Western Michigan ranks 85th in rebounds allowed per game (33.6) while Detroit ranks 288th (38.7).
- The Titans rank 103rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while the Broncos rank 266th (18.4).
- Western Michigan ranks 188th in assists allowed per game (13.7) while Detroit ranks 270th (15.4).