MAC foes will collide when the Bowling Green Falcons (15-10, 6-6 MAC) challenge the Western Michigan Broncos (15-10, 7-5 MAC) at Stroh Center. Western Michigan is a 2-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
Western Michigan Broncos vs. Bowling Green Falcons ATS Preview
In the Broncos last game, they beat the Ohio Bobcats, 69-60. Thomas Wilder was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Western Michigan dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 13.6) and a free throw rate of 0.197 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Ohio was 26.0 and 0.094, respectively.
The Falcons come in on a high note after defeating the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last matchup, 70-63. With 17 points on 6-for-8 shooting, Demajeo Wiggins was the games leading scorer. Bowling Green dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.415 (above their season average of 0.267) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 28.3). Eastern Michigan recorded marks of 0.150 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Contrasting paces will be on display in this meeting. Bowling Green prefers to play up-tempo (39th in possessions per game), while Western Michigan is slower-paced (214th in possessions per game).
Of Western Michigan’s 22 games that accepted bets, 12 have finished under the projected point total, while 9 of Bowling Green’s 18 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Broncos are 15-10 SU and 10-11-1 ATS, while the Falcons are 15-10 SU and 10-8 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Broncos won the only game played against each other last season, 89-79. The Broncos dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.596 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3. The Falcons recorded marks of 0.293 and 22.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Western Michigan Broncos vs. Bowling Green Falcons Free Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Bowling Green, ATS Winner – Bowling Green, O/U – Under
- On the road, Western Michigan is 7-5 ATS with 7 unders, 4 overs and 1 push.
- Bowling Green is 4-5 ATS at home with 4 overs, 4 unders and 1 push.
- Western Michigan ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Bowling Green ranks 124th (6.3).
- The Falcons rank 48th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Broncos rank 153rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Bowling Green ranks 157th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2) while Western Michigan ranks 248th (24.8).
- Bowling Green is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Western Michigan is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Falcons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average).