The Western Michigan Broncos (11-16, 4-10 MAC) will be at John E. Worthen Arena to go head-to-head against the Ball State Cardinals (15-12, 8-6 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Western Michigan Broncos at Ball State Cardinals Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Cardinals beat the Eastern Michigan Eagles, 64-55, while the Broncos fell to the Toledo Rockets, 68-59.
Ball State played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8 (above their season average of 25.5) and a free throw rate of 0.111 (below their season average of 0.197). Eastern Michigan was 20.0 and 0.078, respectively, for those same stats. Western Michigan, meanwhile, held Toledo to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 (below their season average of 29.5). Jarron Coleman led the way for Ball State, recording 19 points and seven rebounds. Brandon Johnson played a key role for Western Michigan with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Johnson led the Broncos to a 68-64 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 29 points. Western Michigan had a much better free throw rate (0.310 vs. 0.069). Ball State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 21.6).
Ball State figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Cardinals currently rank 33rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.456), while Western Michigan is 239th in effective field goal percentage (0.488).
Western Michigan vs. Ball State Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Under
- Ball State ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Western Michigan ranks 194th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Cardinals rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Broncos rank 79th (3.0).
- The Cardinals rank 103rd in assists per game (13.7) while the Broncos rank 246th (10.9).
- Ball State ranks 125th in rebounds per game (36.1) while Western Michigan ranks 220th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- The Broncos’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (3.8 above their season average).