The No. 5 Villanova Wildcats (3-0) and the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (2-1) go head-to-head in the Battle 4 Atlantis at Imperial Arena at Atlantis Resort. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 154.5 points with Villanova set as a 22-point favorite. Action starts at 2:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Villanova Wildcats Free Preview
The Hilltoppers defeated the Nicholls Colonels in their last game, 100-86. With 17 points and 10 rebounds, Western Kentuckys Dwight Coleby had a solid performance. The Hilltoppers had a much better free throw rate (0.426 vs. 0.231) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.607 vs. 0.436).
In the Wildcats last game, they dismantled the Lafayette Leopards, 104-57. Jalen Brunson led the way for Villanova, putting up 22 points and six assists. Villanova dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.197 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.754. Lafayette recorded marks of 0.105 and 0.447, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAAs slowest-paced teams square off. Villanova ranks 323rd in possessions per game (65.7) and Western Kentucky is 264th (67.9) dating back to last season.
Since last season, the Hilltoppers are 17-18 straight up (SU) and 9-19-3 against the spread (ATS). Games featuring Western Kentucky have had a tendency to finish under the projected point total since last season (64.5 percent).
On the other hand, the Wildcats, have records of 34-3 SU and 19-18-1 ATS since last season. Games involving Villanova have had a tendency to finish under the projected point total over that same period (62.2 percent).
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Villanova Wildcats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Villanova, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while the Hilltoppers rank 138th (34.7).
- Villanova ranks seventh in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Western Kentucky ranks 76th (3.0).
- Villanova ranks 57th in steals per game (7.2) while Western Kentucky ranks 265th (4.8).
- The Wildcats rank 60th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Hilltoppers rank 258th (18.6).
- Villanova ranks 101st in assists per game (14.5) while Western Kentucky ranks 246th in assists allowed per game (14.5).