The UTSA Roadrunners (12-14, 6-7 CUSA) welcome the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (17-8, 10-3 CUSA) to UTSA Convocation Center as the regular season comes to a close. The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. UTSA Roadrunners Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Roadrunners defeated the Marshall Thundering Herd 72-63, while the Hilltoppers beat the UTEP Miners 67-62.
Western Kentucky played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.269 (below their season average of 0.302) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.510 (below their season average of 0.523). UTEP was 0.131 and 0.443, respectively, for those same stats. The Roadrunners, meanwhile, had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 45.0 (above their season average of 27.7) and had a free throw rate of 0.263 (above their season average of 0.207). UTSA’s Jhivvan Jackson had a solid performance, putting up 25 points and 10 rebounds. Jared Savage, meanwhile fueled Western Kentucky with 14 points and nine rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Roadrunners won 81-76. UTSA had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.3 vs. 20.6). Western Kentucky, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 24.2). This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this matchup. UTSA has preferred an up-tempo style of play (17th in possessions per game), while Western Kentucky has been slower-paced (126th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Hilltoppers are among the NCAA’s best at getting to the line, ranking eighth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.301). The Roadrunners, meanhwile, rank 274th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents’ FTA rate of 0.256.
Western Kentucky at UTSA Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Western Kentucky, ATS Winner – Western Kentucky, O/U – Under
- UTSA averages 27.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 19th in the country. Western Kentucky ranks 224th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Roadrunners rank 161st in assists per game (12.8) while the Hilltoppers rank 228th (11.2).
- Western Kentucky is 41st in the NCAA with 5.5 steals allowed per game while UTSA is 54th with 5.7 steals allowed per game.
- The Roadrunners rank 23rd in rebounds per game (39.6) while the Hilltoppers rank 205th (34.0).
- Western Kentucky averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 54th in the NCAA. UTSA ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Hilltoppers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (1.5 above their season average).