The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (16-8, 9-3 CUSA) will be at the Don Haskins Center to go head-to-head against the UTEP Miners (13-12, 4-8 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. UTEP Miners ATS Odds
In their last game, the Miners got blown out by the Old Dominion Monarchs, 72-53, while the Hilltoppers edged the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 75-72.
The Hilltoppers made 19 of their 24 free throws (79.2 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 4.1 (better than their season average of 16.6). UTEP, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.436 vs. 0.468). UTEP received a boost from Bryson Williams, who put up 16 points and nine rebounds. Jared Savage played a key role for Western Kentucky with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
The Hilltoppers won the only contest between these two teams last year, 76-59. One of Western Kentucky’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 29 trips to the line, while UTEP went just 11 times. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
A focal point for the UTEP offense is getting to the free throw line. The Miners rank 50th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.268), but Western Kentucky is among the best in the country at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking third by yielding a FTA rate of 0.144).
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. UTEP Miners Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Western Kentucky, ATS Winner – Western Kentucky, O/U – Over
- UTEP ranks 69th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Western Kentucky ranks 226th (23.7).
- The Hilltoppers rank 37th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Miners rank 92nd (6.2).
- The Miners rank 31st in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Hilltoppers rank 154th (12.9).
- Western Kentucky ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.3) while UTEP ranks 123rd (3.1).
- The Miners have been outscored by an average of 9.2 points in their last five games. On the season, UTEP has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Hilltoppers have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average).