The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (8-6, 1-0 CUSA) will be at the Constant Convocation Center to go head-to-head with the Old Dominion Monarchs (10-4, 0-1 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers at Old Dominion Monarchs ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Monarchs won big over the Navy Midshipmen, 67-44, while the Hilltoppers were blown out by the 25th-ranked Washington Huskies, 73-55.
Old Dominion dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.6 and a free throw rate of 0.304. For those same stats, Navy recorded marks of 18.0 and 0.196, respectively. Western Kentucky, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.425 vs. 0.438). Ahmad Caver played well for Old Dominion with 24 points and five rebounds. Charles Bassey had a good game for Western Kentucky, recording 11 points and 12 rebounds.
The Hilltoppers dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the most recent game, Western Kentucky won 57-49. One of Western Kentucky’s largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Old Dominion had 20. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The Hilltoppers’ Taveion Hollingsworth has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, B.J. Stith has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Monarchs.
Old Dominion could have trouble getting to the free throw line in this battle. The Monarchs currently rank 311th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.186, while Western Kentucky ranks 52nd in FTA rate allowed (0.185).
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers at Old Dominion Monarchs ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Old Dominion, ATS Winner – Western Kentucky, O/U – Under
- Old Dominion ranks 146th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while Western Kentucky ranks 264th (16.0).
- The Monarchs rank 38th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Hilltoppers rank 109th (12.9).
- Old Dominion ranks 15th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Western Kentucky ranks 65th (5.8).
- The Monarchs rank 39th in rebounds per game (39.8) while the Hilltoppers rank 146th (35.8).
- Old Dominion ranks sixth in blocks allowed per game (1.8) while Western Kentucky ranks 91st (3.5).
- The Monarchs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hilltoppers have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (2.1 below their season average).