The North Texas Mean Green (19-10, 13-3 CUSA) close out their home schedule at The Super Pit against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (19-9, 12-4 CUSA). The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. North Texas Mean Green Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Mean Green easily got past the FIU Panthers 78-59, while the Hilltoppers beat the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs 95-91.
The Hilltoppers knocked down 32 of their 36 free throws (88.9 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 13.5 (better than their season average of 15.9). Meanwhile, North Texas’ 0.570 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over FIU, who had a rate of 0.426. The Mean Green’s mark was above their season average of 0.568, while the Panthers’ was below their season average of 0.533. North Texas received a boost from Umoja Gibson, who recorded 23 points. Taveion Hollingsworth, meanwhile had a good outing for Western Kentucky, putting up 43 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Josh Anderson led the Hilltoppers to a 93-84 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 19 points. Getting to the free throw line was one of Western Kentucky’s biggest advantages. They made 34 trips to the line, while North Texas went just 10 times.
North Texas appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Mean Green rank 19th in offensive efficiency, while Western Kentucky ranks 195th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Hilltoppers rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.316), while the Mean Green rank 296th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.268).
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. North Texas Mean Green Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Under
- North Texas ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (28.3) while Western Kentucky ranks 203rd (36.3).
- The Hilltoppers rank 48th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Mean Green rank 144th (6.6).
- Western Kentucky ranks 51st in blocks per game (4.1) while North Texas ranks 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Mean Green rank 44th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while the Hilltoppers rank 235th (23.8).
- North Texas ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Western Kentucky ranks 168th (13.0).
- During their last five games, the Hilltoppers have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (2.7 above their season average).
- The Mean Green’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 8.6 for the season.